Tuesdays with Dorie ~ Pumpkin Muffins

I recently joined Tuesdays With Dorie and today is my first participation. Laurie of Quirky Cupcake formed Tuesdays With Dorie as a form of accountability for baking at least once a week using the cookbook, Baking: From My Home to Yours by Dorie Greenspan. I already love it and hubby isn't complaining about being my taste taster.

Today's recipe was for Pumpkin Muffins and was chosen by our hostess this week, Kelly from Sounding My Barbaric Gulp. Head on over there and see her and check out the recipe.


I did lower my baking time to 19 minutes which probably could have been 17, but when I checked at 19 they were done!! I made a Rum Raisin Carrot Cake for a dinner with friends and had some cream cheese icing leftover so I iced a few of the cupcakes. Hubby said they were great before, but are superb now.

Next week is: Oct 28- Chocolate-Chocolate Cupcakes, pages 215-217.
final blog signature.

11 comments:

Simone said...

That looks lovely.
Recently I have been baking quite a bit.

Sandra said...

I am REALLY frustrated with bloglines. I hadn't seen any new posts from you in a week or more and wondered where you were, now I get on the computer and see about 10 new posts......I completely missed them. :(

Glad it's updating now!

Kelli said...

Those look delicious! I love pumpkin with cream cheese!
~Kelli

KELLY said...

Hi! The muffins looks good.

I just wanted to let you know that we (the Tuesdays with Dorie members) all usually post a link to the person who chose the recipe each week. I am the host this week! ;-)

And, we're not supposed to post until Tuesday, so that we are all posting on the same day.

Just wanted to let you know! Welcome to the group!

Kelly
Sounding My Barbaric Gulp!
http://www.barbaricgulp.com

siteseer said...

My husband would absolutely love them too. Can you send them over? Actually I made a cake for work last week that was Death By Chocolate Bundt Cake. It was yummy and I was lucky to save a slice for him. Baking just warms the whole house up.

Tammy said...

Yum, I bet they tasted great with the icing!

Anne said...

Those look wonderful and I love the frosting- yum!

Jen said...

Welcome to Dorie!! Your muffings look great! Cream cheese icing....mmmmm. ;)

Alwayzbakin said...

Your muffins look great. Especially with the cream cheese icing!!!!

Marie said...

Congrats on your first challenge with TWD!! Your muffins look fabulous, especially the one with the icing! I do believe that is the perfect addition!!

LyB said...

Cream cheese icing, oh, yeah! :)