TWD ~ French Pear Tart

This recipe was chosen by the author herself… Dorie Greenspan. She chose the French Pear Tart on pages 368 and 369 which is a great choice for the Epiphany (when the Wise Men came to visit Jesus) which is celebrated on January 6th, talk about great timing! As I understand it an almond tart aka king cake is a traditional dessert for that day in France.

I had only ever made something like this back in the late 80's and it was a pain in the neck, but this one was easy and turned out super tasty too. Next time, and there will be a next time, I will make individual shaped tarts and brush them with apricot jam.


final blog signature.

10 comments:

Jules Someone said...

Yours looks so lovely! I really like the swirl of fruit.

Kimberly Johnson said...

Your tart looks great! There will be a next time for me too - it turned out fabulous!

Rebecca said...

Had no idea about the almond tart/Epiphany connection. Thanks for pointing that out!

Leslie said...

Your tart is beautiful! Wasn't this a delicious choice?

Rachel said...

I agree! This is definitely a keeper!

chocolatechic said...

Beautiful.

Danielle said...

Very pretty tart! I agree there will be another time I make this, it was so tasty.

Jennifer said...

I am planning on making the tart again, too, so pretty, and despite the three components, it really wasn't difficult to make.

AmyRuth said...

Thanks for the little fun fact. I didn't know it as a kings cake also. I did love it though and thought even with the "step" or various elements, it was easy to make.
AmyRuth

Barbara said...

Wasn't this fun and delicious? I agree, it looks harder to make than it is. Love the fruit swirl!