Scrumptious Sunday ~ Picnic Edition ~ Fried Chicken


What is a picnic without fried chicken?

12 pieces of chicken
1/2 cup kosher salt
1 1/2 cup flour
2 tablespoons buttermilk powder
2 sticks butter
salt and pepper to taste
  • In a large bowl combine salt and warm water to cover the chicken pieces.
  • Soak for 1 hour.
  • In a large cast iron pan melt one stick of butter.
  • Drain chicken pieces and pat dry.
  • In a large Ziploc bag combine the flour and buttermilk powder.
  • Dredge chicken pieces in the flour mixture, shaking off the excess.
  • When butter is melted and hot arrange chicken pieces to fit into the pan.
  • Salt and pepper to taste.
  • DO NOT turn chicken pieces until you see blood.
  • Salt and pepper to taste on the second side.
  • Cook until golden on both sides and you cannot see any blood.
I do the memes: Menu Plan Monday hosted by Laura at I'm an Organizing Junkie, Favorite Ingredient Friday hosted by Kathryn at Overwhelmed with Joy, Freezer Food Friday hosted by MJ at mjpuzzlemom, Scrumptious Sunday hosted by Meredith at Mercedes Rocks, Tasty Thursday hosted by Pumpkin Patch, Watchin' What We Eat hosted by Lorie at Honey I Shrank Myself and Slow Cooking Thursday hosted by Sandra at Diary of a Stay at Home Mom. Doing them all make great additions to help keeping me on track and finding so new recipes!
final blog signature.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Don't mess with my mind woman, it is only friday where I'm at. I will be posting my Taco Dip recipe Sunday, hope you'll drop in for it.

Unknown said...

that's true - fried chicken is always a picnic treat.

http://rumplestilskin.wordpress.com

Mercedes said...

I love fried chicken...especially homemade-without blood-hehe! Thanks for visiting mine!