4-6 cups peeled and sliced peaches*
1 tablespoon lemon juice
3 tablespoons sugar
1 tablespoon cornstarch
1 + 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
1 cup uncooked oats
1 cup flour
1/2 cup firmly packed brown sugar
1/2 cup butter, softened
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
- In a large bowl toss the peaches with the lemon juice and set aside.
- Combine sugar, 1 teaspoon cinnamon and cornstarch. Sprinkle over peaches and toss again.
- Transfer the peaches to a shallow baking dish, mine is a 1 1/2 quart about 8x12.
- In a medium bowl sift the flour. Add the brown sugar, oats, remaining cinnamon and mix well.
- With a pastry blender cut in the butter until you have a bowl full of coarse crumbs.
- Sprinkle evenly over peaches.
- Bake 40 minutes.
- Serve warm - great with a scoop of homemade vanilla ice cream.