Seven Tastes or Scents that define Autumn for Me

From Cafe Writing:
7 tastes or Scents that define Autumn for Me:
  1. Apples! As they ripen, they fill the air with a sweet and fragrant aroma that begs to be made into apple sauce and apple cider and apple cobbler...
  2. Cinnamon! I can't make apple sauce, apple cider or apple cobbler without cinnamon.
  3. Dew! With the early morning fog you can smell the earth as the dew sits on the recently mulched grass.
  4. Burning leaves! Here in the country many still burn their leaves and branches. It always reminds me of a campfire and toasted marshmallows.
  5. Hot Cocoa! After raking leaves and bundling branches we come in for a warm cup of cocoa.
  6. Popcorn! When the evenings cool down we tend to crave buttered popcorn as an evening snack.
  7. Wet Dog! Inevitably it either drizzles, mists or flat out rains on the dog and I have a wet towel to dry leaving the aroma lingering around the back door.
final blog signature.

6 comments:

Forgetfulone said...

MMM. apples and cinammon! I like this meme. I think I may give cafewriting a look!

Unknown said...

Nice tastes of autumn! It's my favorite time of year!

Janet said...

I love the scent of burning leaves! Well done :-)

Anonymous said...

Apples and cinnamon - I love them, as well. Thanks so much for participating.

Anonymous said...

I'm drooling, and just reading this post makes me want to go back into a baking frenzy (though I haven't found much time because of work and school).

Thanks for sharing!

sister AE said...

the "wet dog" made me smile!