Simple Woman's Day Book


HOSTED BY PEGGY
Outside My Window... a fog is hovering over the yard. again! It's supposed to be cool and nice here today, but I can't see it yet.
I am thinking... how quickly Fall arrived since we had virtually no summer this year.
From the learning room... like Sandra I will use this are for myself since I don't home school. I am learning a new quilt pattern.
I am thankful for... hubby continuing to heal and getting the fall chores done before the city's pick up deadline.
From the kitchen... I'm developing new recipes for desserts like the Black Forest Cups and Chocolate Peanut Butter Cup Clusters.
I am wearing... faded blue jeans and polo shirt, my normal Monday bowling team attire.
I am creating...a mess in the family room sorting out a few boxes that have been still packed since we moved in here. They never got unpacked because of the mold problem. I am STILL doing this - what a long process.
I am going... bowling, running errands and then taking some fall pictures on the way home.
I am STILL reading... multiple cook books this week.
I am hoping... to clear a few more problems from my desk this week.
I am hearing... the trash truck move through town.
Around the house... fall decorations are going up and summer flower boxes are coming down. I'm going to try and keep the summer flowers going through the winter in the basement.
One of my favorite things... the cool crisp air of fall, my favorite season. Pulling out the slippers instead of the thongs, exchanging shorts for sweats and wrapping in a blanket to get cozy. I even dressed my Meez in fall colors and she lit the fireplace for that at home cozy feeling.
A Few Plans For The Rest Of The Week: Finish sorting these boxes and get boxes and bags to local charity, straightening out the mess in the barn and cleaning the house top to bottom after I blow out the furnace dust.
Here are the picture thoughts I am sharing... the 2 new desserts I made

final blog signature.

1 comment:

Wendy said...

Your desserts look and sound amazing! I'm so glad you shared your Daybook--have a great week!