Christmas Preparation & a clean kitchen


I literally spent 2 days cooking! Have I told you I'm going to have a large gang for an extended period of time over the holidays? Well I don't want to spend ALL my time in the kitchen so I planned a 2 day span to do nothing but cook and prepare ready to eat meals. The above pictures are the clean dishes ready to be put away when I got done. It's great to have a clean kitchen again.

The menu plan so far is:
Thursday December 18th ~ *Taco Ring
Friday December 19th ~ *Sweet & Sour Pork
Saturday December 20th ~ *Spaghetti Bolegnese
Sunday December 21st ~ *Everything but the Kitchen Sink Soup
Monday December 22nd ~ *Snow Bound Casserole - (recipe soon)
Tuesday December 23rd ~ *Sweet & Zesty Meatballs
Wednesday December 24th ~ Crab Cakes w/ Remoulade Sauce (recipe soon) & Noel Log
Christmas Day ~ Ham, Holiday Carrots (recipe soon), Cheesey AuGratin Potatoes, Green Bean Casserole, Parmesan Rolls, Cranberry Sauce (recipe soon), Pumpkin Cheesecake (recipe soon)
Friday December 26th ~ CORN and/or ham sandwiches
Saturday December 27th ~ *Farm Style Chicken & Noodles
Sunday December 28th ~ *Cream of Chicken Rice Soup -(recipe soon)
Monday December 29th ~ *Chili & Chile Cornbread Casserole
Tuesday December 30th ~ Lemon Lime Pepper Chicken
Wednesday December 31st ~ Pot Roast & Veggies
Thursday January 1st ~ Ham and Broccoli Casserole & Buttery Biscuit Rolls (recipes soon)
Friday January 2nd ~ Chicken Fried Chicken w/ Parmesan Potatoes & Peppered Gravy
Saturday January 3rd ~ *Split Pea Soup
Sunday January 4th ~ Italian Macaroni & Cheese (recipe soon)
Monday January 5th ~ OUT
* already prepped and in the freezer
final blog signature.

5 comments:

storyteller said...

Wow … I’m impressed … seriously!
Hugs and blessings,

Queen-Size funny bone said...

oh you are good. I should try it sometime.

SkiptomyLou said...

Oh my I have got to do this! Great idea and the recipes look so good. I try to keep some freezer meals handy but this is such a nice idea for the holidays. I also try to make a few freezeable appetizers to cut down on last minute stress.

You might be interested in a series of posts I did about handmade gift ideas (since your cooking is done you have time to craft!).
http://www.skiptomylou.org/handmade-gift-ideas/

Thanks again for the great meal plan!

Cindy

threesidesofcrazy said...

Thanks everyone I'm sure hoping the plan pays off like I hope. I'll check out that site too Cindy!

Mom2my10 @ 11th Heaven said...

This is completely amazing! I, too, am hosting company for the holidays and I would do well to learn from you and have everything ready before they arrive. Thank you so much for the inspiration and I hope to see you again next week!