Simply Delicious Sunday [5]


SAUSAGE SPINACH BAKE
1 pound sausage, browned and drained
1 box chopped frozen spinach, thawed and squeezed dry
1 cup flour
1/3 cup Parmesan cheese
1/2 teaspoon salt
8 eggs, well beaten
2 cups whole milk
8 ounces grated Monterey Jack cheese (ot white cheese of choice)
  • Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
  • Spray a 9x9 baking dish lightly with PURE.
  • Layer sausage in the bottom followed by the spinach.
  • In a medium mixing bowl whisk the eggs and milk together.
  • In a large mixing bowl combine the flour, salt and Parmesan cheese.
  • Add egg mixture and flour mixture together until well mixed.
  • Pour over spinach layer.
  • Top with the Monterey Jack cheese.
  • Bake 45 minutes or until eggs are set and a knife comes out clean and cheese is golden.



This prepares well the night before and then it's ready to bake in the morning with no mess. Tomorrow I'll add a picture of it baked.

I look forward to seeing your home style recipes! Don't forget to link your specific recipe post link on Mr. Linky so we can see what's cooking at your house! Be sure to put the title of your recipe in parenthesis! It makes it so much easier for everyone to search for recipes.

I also participate in the memes: Menu Plan Monday hosted by Laura at I'm an Organizing Junkie, Favorite Ingredient Friday hosted by Kathryn at Overwhelmed with Joy, Freezer Food Friday hosted by MJ at mjpuzzlemom, Scrumptious Sunday hosted by Meredith at Mercedes Rocks, Homemaker Mondays hosted by Robyn at 11th Heaven's Homemaking Haven, Making a Happy Home Monday hosted by LL at As for me and my house..., Tempt My Tummy Tuesday hosted by Lisa at Blessed with Grace, Slow Cooking Thursday & Tips on Tuesday hosted by Sandra at Diary of a Stay at Home Mom, $5 Dinners is hosted by Erin at $5 DInners and Tempt my Tummy Tuesday hosted by Lisa at Blessed with Grace. Doing them all make great additions to help keeping me on track and finding so new recipes!



final blog signature.

8 comments:

L said...

Hi!

I have to say that sounds like a delicious recipe. I am more more into eating then cooking though! Have a truly wonderful week ahead.

Anonymous said...

My dd and I both love cooked spinach. The boy prefers his raw. I wonder if I can get them to eat this. Worth a try!

Anonymous said...

My husband would love this!

Kristen said...

I was just finally looking at the recipes here today and realized there is an entire delicious dinner with four yummy parts. Thanks for hosting this each week.

Recetas al instante said...

this looks so good.
I am very hungry so I am going to take a bite.

olga.

Sherrie said...

Hi!
I'm not a real big fan of spinach, but this sounds delicious! Mine is posted, chicken and rice bake. Have a great day!!

Sherrie

Rosie said...

Sounds a great recipe Tammy - thanks for sharing!

Rosie x

ShannonW said...

here is mine..http://smoi.simplyshannon.com/2009/02/sds-festive-cheese-cake.html