Slow Cooking Thursday ~ Cherry Pork Chops & Potatoes


Hosted by Sandra at Diary of a Stay at Home Mom

CHERRY PORK CHOPS & POTATOES
4 extra thick pork chops
2 tablespoons butter
salt and pepper
3 large russet potatoes
1 can cream of celery soup
1/2 cup sour cream
1/2 cup milk
4 ounces Velveeta, cut into chunks
1 can Comstock cherries
  • Melt butter in a large skillet.
  • Sprinkle salt and pepper generously on both sides of chops.
  • Brown chops on both sides.
  • While chops are browning, wash the potatoes and slice into 1/4 inch slices.
  • Spray crock pot with PURE.
  • Whisk together the soup, milk and sour cream.
  • Layer potatoes slices, cheese chunks and soup mixture 2 or 3 times.
  • Lay pork chops on top.
  • Pour cherries over everything.
  • Cook on low 6 hours.
I can't wait to try it with Comstock peaches!

I participate in the memes: Menu Plan Monday hosted by Laura at I'm an Organizing Junkie, Favorite Ingredient Friday hosted by Kathryn at Overwhelmed with Joy, Freezer Food Friday hosted by MJ at mjpuzzlemom, Homemaker Mondays hosted by Robyn at 11th Heaven's Homemaking Haven, Making a Happy Home Monday hosted by LL at As for me and my house..., Tempt My Tummy Tuesday hosted by Lisa at Blessed with Grace, Slow Cooking Thursday & Tips on Tuesday hosted by Sandra at Diary of a Stay at Home Mom, $5 Dinners is hosted by Erin at $5 DInners and Tempt my Tummy Tuesday hosted by Lisa at Blessed with Grace. Doing them all make great additions to help keeping me on track and finding so new recipes!
final blog signature.

7 comments:

Gretchen said...

That does look soo good! Unfortunately, I'm back to everything I eat making me horridly sick. Hasn't been a fun ride lately.

Jen @ tatertotsandjello.com said...

How festive Tamy! I think that dish would make a really great one for Valentine's Day dinner.

Thanks so much!

Jen

Sandra said...

Sounds really good Tamy!

Kristen said...

Pork is such a versitile meat. It goes well with all kinds of fruits!

Anonymous said...

Interestin gidea. Thanks for sharing.

MJ

Jen said...

This is just perfect for a Valentines supper. Looks great! Thanks for sharing.

Unknown said...

I agree this would be great for a Valentines dinner