Broccoli Tomato Salad



BROCCOLI TOMATO SALAD
2 crisp broccoli crowns, washed and trimmed into bite sized pieces
1 cup grape tomatoes, washed and halved
1 very small red onion or 1/2 large, trimmed into thin rings
Juice of 1 lemon
1/4 teaspoon sea salt
1/4 teaspoon white pepper
1 tablespoon sugar
1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
3 tablespoons hot bacon grease
8 slices bacon, cooked & crumbled*
  • Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil and add broccoli until crisp, about 8 minutes.
  • Cook bacon until crisp reserving fat for the salad. Any additional bacon fat I store in pyrex in the refrigerator until the next time I make green beans and then add it to the beans for flavor.
  • While bacon is cooking whisk together the lemon juice, vinegar, sugar, salt and pepper.
  • Halve tomatoes and slice the onion, tossing them both with the vinegar mixture.
  • Crumbled bacon over the tomato mixture and toss well.
  • Drain the broccoli well.
  • Pour tomato mixture over broccoli and toss well. I like to use my Tupperware marinader so I can turn it frequently to coat everything well.
  • Chill at least 4 hours, but preferably overnight.
*I make the whole pound and save the extra for BLTs.

If you like to play along, please add a link to this post on your post and sign Mr. Linky. Be sure to include your recipe in parenthesis following your name. Thanks and have fun.
final blog signature.

6 comments:

Sreisaat said...

Wow, this is a different way to prepare broccoli! I normally just boil broccolis. Looks yummy and easy to make, might try it this week! Thanks for sharing :)


We Ate This!

Anonymous said...

I can't wait to try this salad. It sounds wonderful!

Sherrie said...

Hi Tammy,
Your Broccoli Tomato Salad sounds really yummy!! And sooooo easy! Mine is posted. Have a great day!!

Sherrie

Anonymous said...

This looks so delicious :>) Thank you! Happy Sunday ♥

Kristen said...

Sometimes I wish my computer screen were like one of those old fashioned automats so I could put in a quarter and open it up and get a bowl of the delicious food I see. Your salad looks divine!

Anonymous said...

sounds delicious and easy!