2 crisp broccoli crowns, washed and trimmed into bite sized pieces
1 cup grape tomatoes, washed and halved
1 very small red onion or 1/2 large, trimmed into thin rings
Juice of 1 lemon
1/4 teaspoon sea salt
1/4 teaspoon white pepper
1 tablespoon sugar
1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
3 tablespoons hot bacon grease
8 slices bacon, cooked & crumbled*
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil and add broccoli until crisp, about 8 minutes.
- Cook bacon until crisp reserving fat for the salad. Any additional bacon fat I store in pyrex in the refrigerator until the next time I make green beans and then add it to the beans for flavor.
- While bacon is cooking whisk together the lemon juice, vinegar, sugar, salt and pepper.
- Halve tomatoes and slice the onion, tossing them both with the vinegar mixture.
- Crumbled bacon over the tomato mixture and toss well.
- Drain the broccoli well.
- Pour tomato mixture over broccoli and toss well. I like to use my Tupperware marinader so I can turn it frequently to coat everything well.
- Chill at least 4 hours, but preferably overnight.
If you like to play along, please add a link to this post on your post and sign Mr. Linky. Be sure to include your recipe in parenthesis following your name. Thanks and have fun.