EGGS ala ROOSEVELT aka DEPRESSION EGGS


EGGS ala ROOSEVELT I just call them DEPRESSION EGGS
3 ounces cream cheese, softened
1/2 cup milk*
4 eggs, lightly beaten
1 jar dried beef, cut into small pieces*
salt and pepper to taste
PURE
  • Spray skillet with PURE.
  • Add milk and softened cream cheese to skillet and whisk together until smooth.
  • When cheese is bubbly, add eggs and beef.
  • Periodically whisk until eggs are firm.
  • Salt and pepper to taste.
  • Serve on buttered toast.
*The original recipe had no meat and called for using cream while allowing the eggs to just "firm" up. I changed it to reduce the fat a bit and add meat for hubby.

Head on over to Joy of desserts to join in on Vintage Recipe Thursday.
final blog signature.

4 comments:

Monica said...

I saw this and had to wonder to myself, do they serve this on the USS Theodore Roosevelt? That would be my son's ship.

My husband won't touch eggs, so it's something I'd have to fix for myself only. :-(

Monica

Joy @ Joy Of Desserts said...

Nice and creamy with lots of protein. Meat would have been scarce during the depression, but it's a nice addition.

Joie de vivre said...

Found you through Joy's site. These look yummy!

Forgetfulone said...

I just use cream cheese, milk, salt, and pepper, and my husband says they're the best eggs ever!