Peanut Butter Burgers


This really tastes better than it sounds. The peanut butter gives the burger a real nutty taste, and makes it a very juicy burger.

1-1/2 pound lean hamburger or ground sirloin
1/4 cup creamy peanut butter
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon pepper
1 teaspoon garlic
2 Tablespoons butter, softened
  • Mix all ingredients together until well blended.
  • Shape into patties.
  • Refrigerate patties for at least two hours. Chilling the patties helps hold their shape.
  • Grill on the BBQ.

This recipe is very flexible. Almost any spice or seasoning works well with it. DO NOT add bread crumbs, the peanut butter and the chilling will hold them together just fine.

final blog signature.

10 comments:

Mimi said...

That sound crazily delicious!

Donna-FFW said...

Have a post on my blog.. white castle urgers that uses peanut butter:) These sound similar..

nfmgirl said...

Doesn't sound that weird to me. I grew up eating peanut butter and bacon sandwiches (our version of a BLT), and as an adult I realized that it was just such a nice contrast-- the saltiness of the bacon contrasted against the sweet nutty flavor of the peanut butter. And Beef Satay is served with a peanut sauce. But, admittedly, I never would have thought of peanut butter in burgers!

Sreisaat said...

Hi Tamy.
I've never heard of peanut butter in burgers before! I bet kids especially love the nutty flavor :)


Enjoy your weekend.

We Ate This!

Heather said...

very interesting. i think i might have to try this next time!

Kristen said...

I bet it would be great with a little ginger added. What a fun recipe. Thanks!

Alice Audrey said...

I don't know if I'm brave enough for this one.

Scribbit said...

No way. I bet Andrew would like it though--after meat, peanut butter is one of his favorite things.

Emily @ Marvelous Recipes said...

I think I would like this but I don't know about hubby. He's not a big fan of peanut butter. Maybe I won't tell him until after he tries it!!!

Janet said...

I wonder if it would work with ground turkey or chicken, too?