Back to Basics

It has been a while since I participated, but decided I needed some grounding by getting back to basics while everything is swirling around me.

hosted by Sandra at Diary of a Stay at Home Mom
The weather in my neck of the woods:
It's cold and rainy here. I mean cold, it's 38 degrees.
One of my simple pleasures:
Cooking for my family and being organized.
On my bedside table:

Cream Puff Murder, the 11th Hannah Swensen mystery by Joanne Fluke
On my TV:
I'm still playing catch up with the DVR from the time away.
On the menu for tonight:
I still haven't decided. It's recipe experiment night, but with the weather and not feeling well, it will be something simple.
On my To Do List:
Etsy, Ebay, Vacuum, laundry, paint - always something that needs a second coat of paint.
New Recipe I tried last week:
C.O.R.N. Queso Soup
In the craft basket:
Quilts to finish
Quilts to start
Soap to make
Looking forward to:
Actually being done with the major projects and having some time to enjoy the house before it sells.
Homemaking Tip for this week:
Soak your wooden utensils in mineral oil twice a year to keep the wood from splitting.
Favorite Blog Post of the week (mine or other):
I'm still playing catch-up on reader. I have read soooooo many good ones this week I wouldn't know where to start.
Favorite photo from last week:

Seeing the finish trim molding going up was such a joy even if it does bring work with it!
Lesson learned the past few days:
That my TO DO list is never a done deal no matter how hard I try.
On my Prayer List:
Family
final blog signature.

7 comments:

Amy M. said...

Hi tamy! Sounds like you are having a cold dreary day. Hope the sun comes out soon! I just opened my giveaway. Be sure and sign up!!!

-Amy
(Crafting by Candlelight)

Jen said...

It was cold here this morning also. We were in the 40's this morning. Kind of cloudy today, with the threat of rain. My to do list is never ending also. Have a great week.

Leslie said...

Oh good - there's a new Joanna Fluke book for me to order from Amazon. :)

Love her books.

I order in from Amazon twice a year - to get my new "cozy" books.

Sandra said...

I'm glad to see you back, it sounds like you've been so busy.

I can't believe it's that cold there, what is with this weather lately?

Linda ★ Parker's General said...

We are reading fanatics here. Weather is finally good. Where are you that is so cold in June?
Cookbooks are something I collect. Any interest in sharing your wealth of knowledge?

annies home said...

Tammy, where are you located again? I was wondering where it was so cool. My daughter said in the 60s where she was today

Forgetfulone said...

I can't believe how cold it is there! It was sunny and low 90's here. I actually have a sunburn.