1 1/2 cups whole milk
2 tablespoons butter, melted
6 slices sourdough bread
6 ounces extra sharp cheddar cheese, grated
4 eggs, separated
1 teaspoon Frank's hot sauce
1/2 teaspoon ground mustard
1 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Spray 8 inch casserole with PURE.
- Separate eggs and set aside.
- Soak bread slices in milk and butter for several minutes. If necessary run through food processor to make smooth.
- In a medium sauce pan bring milk mixture to a SLOW boil and immediately reduce heat to prevent scorching.
- Add cheese, hot sauce and seasonings and blend until melted and smooth.
- Add egg yolks and blend with hand mixer until begins to thicken and is deep yellow in color.
- Fold in egg whites gently.
- Pour into prepared casserole.
- Bake 50-60 minutes or until set.