Pineapple Cider Brine Pork Chops w/ Root Beer Pineapple BBQ sauce, Broccoli Green Bean Almond Saute & StrawBlackberry topping for Magazine Monday

Magazine Mondays is hosted by Ivonne over at Cream Puffs in Venice. All 3 of these recipes are loosely based on recipes from magazines, but the main ingredients have been changed to protect my family. No seriously, the main ingredients were changed to make my family happy as the original recipes had ingredients that my family just won't eat! Also Healthy Helpings is debuting over at ThE KraZy KitcHen tomorrow. Stop by and join in.

When I do 'recipe experiment' night I try to do EVERY part of the meal as a new recipe. Some times I get lucky and they ALL are worth sharing. I'm a 'no measure' cook, well at least a no exact measure cook so when I invent a new recipe, it sometimes works and sometimes doesn't. But, today worked!


PINEAPPLE CIDER BRINE PORK CHOPS
1 1/2 cup water
8 ounce can crushed pineapple
1 cup packed brown sugar
1/4 cup sea salt
1 teaspoon thyme
1/2 teaspoon white pepper
2 1/2 cups apple cider vinegar
4 thick pork chops
  • In a large sauce pan whisk together water, cider vinegar, sea salt and brown sugar together until salt and sugar are dissolved.
  • Bring to a boil.
  • Add seasonings and blend well.
  • Slow simmer 10 minutes.
  • Cool.
  • Immerse pork chops and soak 12-24 hours. I used my 8 cup pampered chef batter bowl so the chops had plenty of room to 'swim'.
  • Drain chops.
  • Grill or broil 5-6 minutes on each side.
  • Heat enough Root Beer Pineapple BBQ sauce to cover the chops.
  • Brush each side of chops with BBQ sauce for the last few minutes.
ROOT BEER PINEAPPLE BBQ SAUCE
12 ounce MUG root beer
8 ounce can crushed pineapple
4 tablespoons butter
1 bunch green onions, sliced thin
4 teaspoons minced garlic, jar
1 cup packed dark brown sugar
1/4 cup molasses
1 cup ketchup
1/2 cup apple cider vinegar
3 tablespoons sun dried tomato pesto
1 teaspoon sea salt
1 tablespoon liquid smoke
1 tablespoon Frank's hot sauce
2 tablespoons cornstarch
  • Melt butter in a large saucepan.
  • Add onions and garlic, Saute' until tender.
  • Add other ingredients, except cornstarch, and bring to a boil.
  • Reduce heat and simmer 30 minutes.
  • Remove 1 cup of sauce and whisk cornstarch into it.
  • Return mixture to the sauce pan and simmer 15 minutes.
  • Cool 15 minutes.
  • Refrigerate,
  • Makes 4 cups.

BROCCOLI GREEN BEAN ALMOND SAUTE'
2 tablespoons olive oil
2 tablespoons White Balsamic Vinegar
1 bunch green onions, sliced thin
1/3 pound green beans, trimmed
1 broccoli crown, chopped small
1 teaspoon sea salt
1/2 teaspoon white pepper
1/2 teaspoon soy sauce
2 tablespoons slivered almonds
  • Heat olive oil in large skillet.
  • Add vegetables and saute' until tender.
  • Add soy sauce and white balsamic vinegar.
  • Sprinkle with sea salt and white pepper.
  • Add almonds, blend well and heat through.
  • This dish is good hot OR cold!


STRAWBLACKBERRY SHORTCAKE TOPPING

1 pint blackberries, washed and sliced in thirds
1/2 pint strawberries, washed and chopped small
1/4 cup brown sugar
  • Toss Together and marinate several hours.
  • Serve over shortcake.
final blog signature.

6 comments:

Donna-FFW said...

What a fantastic post. All of your choices look wonderful! And tasty!

Pacey said...

Hi Tamy, I'd like to try the porkchops and the BBQ sauce you shared, looks like a great pair. Though I love broccoli, I usually just steam them, maybe someday I'll have to try too this recipe you shared.

I'm joining today.

Martha said...

Everything looks wonderful!

♥Rosie♥ said...

Those pork chops sound amazing as does everything else!! Great post Tamy.

Martha said...

I've made green beans with almonds but never with broccoli - I bet it's good!

creampuff said...

Very nice, Tamy! I especially like the pork chops as I don't eat them often because I never really know how to cook them. Thanks for the recipes!