SHREDDED CHICKEN VEGETABLE EGG ROLLS
2 cups finely chopped cooked chicken or pork pieces
1 medium Vidalia onion, finely chopped
1 large stalk celery, finely chopped
1 large carrot, finely chopped
1 tablespoon minced garlic, jar
1 tablespoon sugar
1 teaspoon sea salt
1 teaspoon pepper
1 tablespoon sesame oil
4 tablespoons canola oil
egg roll wrappers (I use Melissa's)
- Heat skillet with 2 tablespoons of oil. Add onion, garlic, celery and carrots, Saute' until tender.
- Drain, retaining oil.
- In a large mixing bowl toss meat pieces with sesame oil, sugar, salt and pepper. Add vegetables and blend well.
- Cool 5-10 minutes.
- Fill center of each wrapper with 2 tablespoons of filling.
- Fold 1st corner towards the center. Then fold each edge towards the center. With a pastry brush wet the exposed triangle of dough and roll the bulk onto it.
- Add oil back into pan and add the additional 2 tablespoons and bring to medium heat.
- Cook egg rolls on all 4 sides until golden.
1/2 cup Blackberry Pineapple Jam
2 tablespoons honey
2 tablespoons soy sauce
- Heat jam in microwave for 20 seconds to warm and thin.
- Whisk in honey and soy sauce.
- Set aside.
2 sticks butter, softened
2 cups packed light brown sugar
2 JUMBO eggs
1 cup golden raisins
3 1/2 cups flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon baking powder
1 teaspoon ground ginger
1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
2 teaspoons cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon dried orange peel
1/4 teaspoon salt
1teaspoon PURE vanilla extract
1/2 cup finely chopped walnuts
- In a mortar and pestle (or similar) finely grind all the spices together into a fine dust.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a small food chopper, chop the raisins into the butter until creamy.
- Transfer to a mixing bowl.
- Add brown sugar, eggs and vanilla. Blend until creamy and smooth.
- Sift together the flour, spices, baking soda and powder.
- Gradually add flour mixture to butter mixture until well blended.
- Add walnuts.
- Drop by spoonfuls onto an un-greased cookie sheet and slightly flatten.
- Bake 12-14 minutes until edges are set.
- Let cool on pan for 2 minutes and then transfer to wire rack to cool completely.
- Good plain or with a Cream Cheese Frosting.