I have apples coming out of my ears so to speak and needed to do something other than the traditional applesauce with them. These 2 recipes were a great way to use up those apples. When I was a kid my dad always ate his apple pie warm with a slice of cheddar which sparked my idea for this combo.
1 tablespoon butter
- Peel and core apple.
- Slice into thin rings.
- Melt butter in skillet over medium high heat.
- Add apple rings.
- Cook until soft and golden brown.
- Drain on paper towels.
- Sprinkle with coarse salt.
- Cool & Eat.
4 Oatnut Bread slices
1 large apple, peeled, cored and grated
1/2 cup grated cheddar cheese
2 tablespoons butter
- Mix together the grated apple and cheddar cheese.
- Spread the mustard over 2 of the bread slices.
- Top with apple and cheese mixture. Add top slice of bread.
- In a large skillet melt the butter.
- Grill sandwiches to desired crispness.
Monday Munchies Is hosted by Martha at oUr KrAzY kItChEn. Tasty Tuesday is hosted by Jen over at Balancing Beauty and Bedlam. Tuesdays at the Table is normally hosted by Andrea over at My Chihauhau Bites, but Andrea is taking a break and it is being hosted by Cole at All the Small Stuff for a while. Tempt my Tummy Tuesday is hosted by Lisa at Blessed with Grace. Foodie Friday is hosted by Michael Lee at Designs by Gollum, Friday Food is hosted by Nicole at Momtrends and Simple Saturday is hosted by girlichef at oUr KrAzY kItChEn.