Magazine Mondays is hosted by Ivonne over at Cream Puffs in Venice
Vintage Recipe Thursday is hosted by Joy at Joy of desserts
This isn't my normal homemade food fare, but it was soooooooooooooooo good I couldn't resist it. I made this while we we are in the middle of the big cross country move prep and it truly was a godsend of comfort food during the first cold front too.
1 package Hillshire Cheddar 'lil Smokies
28 ounce can Maple baked beans
1 tablespoon Frank's Hot Sauce
1 JIFFY corn muffin mix
1/2 cup water
3/4 cup shredded Cheddar cheese (split 1/2 + 1/4)
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Mix together the baked beans, lil smokies and hot sauce.
- Spray 1 1/2 quart casserole with PURE.
- Pour in bean mixture and bake 15 minutes.
- In a mixing bowl mix together the corn muffin mix, water and 1/2 cup cheese.
- Spread over top of bean mixture.
- Top with cheddar cheese.
- Bake 15 more minutes or until golden.
- Let stand 10 minutes before serving.