4 chicken breasts cut in half longways
1 tablespoon butter
1 tablespoon olive oil
1 small bunch green onions, sliced
1/4 cup Apple Dapple Schnapps
1/4 teaspoon thyme
1/4 teaspoon sea salt
1/4 teaspoon white pepper
3/4 cup orange pineapple juice
2 small Granny Smith Apples, cored, sliced and re-sliced
3/4 cup heavy cream
- In a large skillet, melt together the butter and olive oil over a medium high heat.
- Brown chicken on both sides. Move chicken to the edges of the pan and add green onions to the center. Saute' a few minutes until onions are tender.
- Pour Apple Dapple Schnapps over the tops of all the chicken pieces.
- Carefully ignite and allow to burn down.
- Pour orange pineapple juice over chicken pieces and then sprinkle all the seasonings over chicken tops. Bring to a boil. Cover.
- Lower heat and simmer 15 minutes.
- Add slice apples over chicken and recover. Simmer 10 minutes more.
- During this time be warming a serving dish in the oven.
- With a slotted spoon remove chicken and apples to serving dish. Keep warm.
- Add heavy cream to the skillet. Bring to a boil.
- Lower heat, stirring constantly until sauce thickens and is reduced by half.
- Spoon sauce over chicken and apples.
- Serve immediately.