- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a medium saucepan melt one stick of butter.
- Puree bananas.
- Add brown sugar, raisins and pureed banana. Stir until well blended and remove from heat.
- In a large mixing bowl cream together 1 stick of butter, eggs and sugar.
- Sift together the flour, baking soda and baking powder.
- Gradually add flour mixture into creamed mixture until well blended.
- Add in the brown sugar mixture until smooth and consistent.
- If making the Banana Blueberry version, fold in the blueberries last.
- Fill muffin tins 2/3 full.
- Bake for 12-15 minutes.
BANANA NUT MUFFINS or BANANA BLUEBERRY NUT MUFFINS
1 cup packed golden brown sugar 2 sticks of butter, softened 2 jumbo eggs 2 teaspoons cinnamon 2 VERY ripe bananas* 1 3/4 cups flour 1 teaspoon baking powder 1/2 teaspoon baking soda 1/2 cup sugar 1/2 cup golden raisins 1/2 cup crushed walnuts