1 medium Vidalia onion, sliced thin
10 slices thick bacon
3 tablespoons brown sugar
1 tablespoons cider or balsamic vinegar
1/4 cup milk
3 tablespoons butter
1/2 cup grated Gruyere cheese
salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Whisk together the brown sugar and vinegar.
- Toss onions and bacon slices in the mixture, packing it onto the slices.
- Layer bacon and onions on grilling rack.
- Bake 15-20 minutes or until crisp.
- Increase oven to broil.
- In a medium* cast iron skillet, heat the butter. Make sure to coat the sides also with the butter.
- Whisk the eggs, milk and salt and pepper together.
- When the butter foams, pour in the egg mixture and cook, stirring until eggs begin to scramble and are still quite moist.
- Top with the onions, bacon and cheese.
- Broil about 2 minutes until the cheese is melted and the eggs are done.
- Slice and serve.