I want to make sure you know that this weekend Chris from Nibble Me This is hosting a Valentine's Romance weekend over at OUR KrAzY kitchen and Dave from My Year on the Grill who hosts I CAN COOK THAT! at OUR KrAzY kitchen has been running a Romance series on his regular day where he tells us what men really want for Valentine's Day. Now my hubby would tell you that Dave is so right as far as the dilemma between moink balls and flowers and chocolates. The recipes below are what hubby would prefer I serve for Valentines. Of course LOL he would also prefer it be served in bed by me already naked.
CARIBBEAN PORK STEAKS
CARIBBEAN PORK STEAKS
2-3 cloves garlic, finely minced
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon white pepper
1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
1/2 cup pineapple sundae topping*
1 teaspoon Caribbean jerk seasoning
- In a small bowl whisk together the pineapple topping, red pepper, Caribbean jerk seasoning and garlic. Set aside.
- Salt and pepper the chops on both sides.
- Grill or broil chops until they are no longer pink near the bone.
- Brush with glaze on both sides of pork chops and pineapple slices and return to the grill or broiler until the glaze bubbles and the pineapple is heated through.
- Garnish with grilled pineapple slices.
TOASTED CREAM CHEESE CROUTONS with MIXED GREEN SALAD
I found the recipe for the croutons in some magazine. It was from Kraft, but fell in love with it and immediately adapted to our favorite salad. You can also make lots of the cream cheese croutons in advance and just pull out as many as you need each meal.grape tomatoes, halved
1 bunch green onions, sliced thin
English cucumber, sliced & chopped
Philadelphia cream cheese
walnuts, finely chopped (I used my mini food processor)
cream cheese croutons
- Cut the cream cheese into 1/2 inch cubes.
- Coat cream cheese cubes with the walnut pieces.
- Freeze overnight or up to 2 months.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Prepare salad.
- Spray cookie sheet with PURE.
- Remove as many cream cheese cubes as you need 5 minutes before baking them.
- Spread out the cream cheese cubes.
- Bake for 5 minutes until golden brown.
- Toss salad with vinaigrette and top with croutons.
1 large green onion, minced
1 tablespoon brown sugar
1 tablespoon white sugar
1/2 teaspoon sea salt
1/3 teaspoon fresh ground pepper
1/2 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
3 tablespoons champagne vinegar
juice of 1 lemon
juice of 1 lime
3/4 cup olive or peanut oil
- In a dressing bottle combine the garlic and onion. sugars, salt and pepper.
- In a small bowl whisk together the vinegar, lemon juice, lime juice, Worcestershire sauce, oil, sugars, salt and pepper.
- Pour over the garlic and onion.
- Shake well to combine until well blended.
- Combine sugar with cinnamon.
- Separate crescent dough into 16 triangles.
- Push a cherry Kiss into the center of each marshmallow
- Dip marshmallow in melted butter and then roll in cinnamon-sugar mixture.
- Wrap a dough triangle around each marshmallow, completely covering marshmallow and squeezing edges of dough tightly to seal.
- Dip in melted butter and place in regular sized muffin cups.
- Roll in crushed walnuts.
- Repeat with remaining marshmallows.
- Place pan on foil or on a cookie sheet during baking to guard against spill-overs in the oven.
- Bake puffs at 375 degrees for 10 - 14 minutes until golden brown.
- Wait a minute or two, then remove from pans and drizzle with glaze and sprinkle with chopped nuts if desired.