2-3 pounds flank or skirt steak, sliced THIN
1 medium Vidalia onion, sliced thin
2 lemons, 1 sliced thin, 1 wedged for squeezing
1 lime, sliced thin
1 orange, sliced thin
1/3 cup champagne vinegar
2 teaspoons minced garlic, jar
1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon FRESH ground black pepper
1 teaspoon ground white pepper
1 teaspoon garlic powder
1 teaspoon chili powder
1 teaspoon dried oregano
1 teaspoon ground cumin
1 teaspoon Hungarian paprika
- Soak the meat in the vinegar for an hour or so.
- Remove meat from vinegar and dry on paper towels.
- Sift together all the seasonings and rub into the meat on both sides.
- Layer the meat into a container alternating with the slices of lemon, limes, oranges and onions squeezing lemon juice on each layer as you go.
- Let marinate for overnight or a day or so.
- Grill on a VERY hot grill to desired doneness.
- Serve with warm tortillas, Fresh Guacamole and Garden Tomato Salsa.