1 large onion, chopped small
4 oz. can chopped green chiles, not drained
1 package refrigerator crescent rolls 1
large tomato, chopped
1 bunch green onions, sliced
3 cups shredded lettuce
1 package Sargento Mexican blend fine shredded cheese
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a skillet brown the ground beef and onion. Drain.
- Add taco seasoning and green chiles.
- Simmer 5-10 minutes. Drain again so there is no excess moisture.
- I use my stoneware pizza stone. Lightly spray it with PURE.
- Unroll the crescent rolls and separate them.
- Arrange the rolls (wide edges inward with the thin corner edge slightly hanging off the pizza stone) in a circular pattern around the pizza stone with the corners slightly touching.
- Arrange the meat mixture in a circular pattern covering the large end portion of the crescent rolls. Sprinkle 1/3 -1/2 of the cheese over the meat.
- Pull the small pointed end up over the meat mixture and pinch into large portion creating a ring that resembles a wreath. You will have an open area with meat showing through.
- Bake according to the biscuit directions and golden.
- I also serve it on the stoneware. Arrange the shredded lettuce, green onions and tomatoes in the center and edges. For just us, I just put it directly on the plate.
- Garnish with sour cream and remaining cheese.
- Serve immediately.