3 cups sugar
3/4 cup golden raisins
1/3 cup Parrot Bay coconut rum
1/2 cup chopped walnuts
3 cups all-purpose flour, plus more for pan
1/2 teaspoon fine salt
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1 cup milk
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- With a mixer, cream butter.
- Add sugar, a little at a time.
- Add eggs, 1 at a time, beating after each addition.
- Stir dry ingredients together in a bowl and add to mixer alternately with milk, starting with the flour and ending with the flour.
- Mix in vanilla.
- Drain any remaining rum from the raisins.
- Fold in raisins and nuts.
- Pour into a greased and floured tube pan and bake for 1 to 1 1/2 hours, until a toothpick inserted in the center of the cake comes out clean.