4 skinless, boneless chicken breasts
2 tablespoons butter
1 ounce Curacao
1 ounce Bacardi rum
1 bunch green onions, chopped
2 cloves garlic, minced
1 broccoli crown, cleaned and separated
1 can diced garlic & onion tomatoes, drained but reserve juice
salt & pepper to taste
3 tablespoons butter
3 tablespoons flour
2 cups egg noodles
- Pierce each chicken breast several times with a fork.
- Combine the rum and Curacao in an airtight tupperware.
- Add chicken and marinade for several hours over overnight.
- Prepare egg noodles according to package directions.
- Steam broccoli to JUST tender.
- In a small saucepan melt 3 tablespoons butter.
- Sprinkle with flour and make roux.
- Combine the marinade and reserved tomato juice and add to roux.
- Cook over medium heat until thickens slightly.
- Melt 2 tablespoons butter in a skillet over a medium heat.
- Drain chicken, retaining marinade.
- Saute chicken, garlic and green onions together, salt and peppering to taste.
- Add tomatoes and heat through.
- Add broccoli until warmed through.
- Plate over egg noodles.
- Pour sauce over top.