Chicken Marsala* 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
* 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
* 1/4 teaspoon ground white pepper
* 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
* 4 skinless, boneless chicken breast halves - pounded 1/4 inch thick
* 4 tablespoons butter
* 4 tablespoons olive oil
* 1 small white onion, sliced into thin rings and then separated
* 1/2 pound mushrooms, sliced thin
* 1 tablespoon lemon juice
* 1/2 cup Marsala wine
* 1/4 cup sweet cooking sherry
1. With a mortar and pestle grind the oregano.
2. Sift together the flour, salt, pepper and oregano.
3. Coat the chicken pieces well with the flour mixture.
4. In a heavy skillet, heat oil and butter.
5. When oil and butter is hot, saute' onions and mushrooms until just carmelized.
6. Set aside onions and mushrooms and place chicken breasts in skillet and brown on both sides about 6 minutes per side over medium heat. Remove and set aside, but keep warm.
7. To the skillet, add the wine, lemon juice and sherry. Stir, reduce heat, and cook for about 10 minutes until the sauce is partially reduced and begins to thicken.
8. Return onions and mushrooms to the skillet.
9. Plate chicken breasts.
10. Spoon sauce over the chicken.
11. Cover and cook over low heat for about 5-10 minutes or until chicken is done.
12. Serve with Parsleyed Herb Noodles.