Remember when I found this thrift store find? Well, here is the first recipe and it was a resounding success.
When I actually made this recipe I realized it really was my grandmother's recipe. One that was undoubtedly passed around bymany women at neighborhood coffee clatches, tupperware parties and PTA meetings. I did update it a bit and hubby can't seem to get enough of it.
2 pound package frozen hash browns
1 can cream of
chicken celery soup
salt and pepper to taste
1 pint 8 ounces sour cream
12 tablespoons butter, melted, divided 8 tablespoons and 4 tablespoons
corn flakes Special K original
1 cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese
1/2 teaspoon paprika
- Preheat oven 325 degrees.
- Rub the inside of a 2 quart casserole with butter or spray with PURE.
- Whisk together the sour cream, soup, 1/2 cup melted butter and seasonings.
- In a large bowl toss the frozen hash browns with the wet ingredients and 1/2 the cheese until well blended.
- Arrange the hash brown mixture in the prepared baking dish.
- Top with remaining cheese.
- Top with the Special K.
- Pour remaining butter evenly over top.
- Bake 1 hour on lowest shelf in oven.
Better the next day and the next and the next...