OATMEAL NUT MUFFINS

OATMEAL NUT MUFFINS
1 cup quick cooking oats
1 cup buttermilk
1 stick butter, softened
3/4 cup packed brown sugar
2 Jumbo eggs
1 cup flour, sifted
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/4 cup chopped pecans
  • Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
  • In a large bowl layer the oats.
  • Pour the buttermilk over the oats and let them soak for an hour.
  • Cream the butter.
  • Add the sugar and cream until smooth.
  • Add the eggs one at a time beating after each addition.
  • Sift together the flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt.
  • Gradually add dry ingredients to the wet until well blended.
  • Fill muffin tins 2/3 full.
  • Sprinkle nuts on top.
  • Bake for 18-20 minutes.
aprons 3

4 comments:

Design It Chic said...

I am now following you thanks to New Friends Friday and it would be nice if you could share the love back on my blog!
Also today we have the coolest blog hop there is... no rules just fun and would love you to join in with us at Boost My Blog Friday :)
Happy Friday!

Show Me Mama said...

What a great way to browse a site and see this delicious muffin right infront of you. Love it. I am your new follower. You can follow me back at http://showmemama.blogspot.com. Make sure you leave a comment so I know you visited.

Have a great weekend
ShowMeMama

Debbi Does Dinner Healthy said...

These look excellent! I love muffins like this, pretty picture too!

Martha@A Sense of Humor is Essential said...

These look divine and my Dh will love them too, Tamy, thanks bunches.
Send my best!