REDNECK CUPCAKE WARS~BBQ CHICKEN CHILE CORNBREAD REDNECK CUPCAKES

Recently my buddy Dave over at My Year on the Grill "invented" the Redneck Cupcake.  Pure genius I tell you!  He is also trying to win Project food blog.  Go check it out and vote for him.

I do like the "cake" part on the bottom - so much easier to eat!  The "cake" envelops the meat and the cheese oozes and goozes down into the meat.   It was also my birthday last week and my mom sent me a box full of "goodies".  Among those goodies were these awesome muffin tart baking cups that require no muffin tin and are larger and flatter than the average so once again they are easier to eat. I may try those next time, but this time I think in order to qualify as a "redneck" cupcake they must be made in leftover birthday wrappers.

Dave and I are both believers in using all your leftovers as he demonstrates with his Redneck Cupcakes.   My recipe uses all the small tidbits from when you skin your Rotisserie chicken.  I use absolutely everything from my rotisserie chickens including the bones!
BBQ CHICKEN CHILE CORNBREAD REDNECK CUPCAKES makes 15-18 cupcakes
2-3 cups Rotisserie Chicken pieces
1/4 cup favorite BBQ sauce
Havarti cheese slices or Vermont White Cheddar, quartered
  • Toss chicken pieces with BBQ sauce and set aside for an hour before preparing muffins.
  • Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
  • Prepare the cornbread and fill baking cups 2/3 full.
  • Drain chicken pieces of excess sauce.
  • Top with a layer of meat.
  • Top with a very thin slice of cheese.
  •  Bake 20 minutes or until cornbread tests JUST done with a toothpick or until cheese oozes and goozes into the chicken pieces.
Wouldn't these make awesome football food?  Don't forget to join us Sunday for 
Tailgating Time will be posted every Sunday at noon and open all week for you to add your football favorites. We'll play each and every week until Superbowl Sunday. I can't wait to see what you'll be bringing!
It's Tailgating Time!
HOSTED BY:
Martha at Seaside Simplicity 
Tamy at 3 sides of Crazy 
Lyndsey at Tiny Skillet


aprons 3

3 comments:

Miz Helen said...

Just stopping by from Prairie Story. Your Redneck Cupcakes are awesome! I can't wait to try this recipe. Thank you...

Unknown said...

These look fabulous! My kids would love them.

Martha said...

Excellent! You know I am on the "don't waste leftovers " wagon too. Loved the redneck cupcakes when I saw them over at Dave's. Sure look good, how were they?