I found the recipe in an old Taste of Home magazine. This recipe is sooooooooooooooooo simple, but messy! Have fun making them. They are quite rich though - be forewarned!
1 cup butter, melted
1 can sweetened condensed milk
3 pounds confectioners sugar (about 8 cups)
3-10 ounce jars maraschino cherries(about 120 cherries), really well drained
1-2 pounds milk chocolate candy coating, chopped (I used almond bark)
- Combine butter and milk until smooth.
- Gradually add in confectioner's sugar until a soft dough forms.
- Roll into 1 inch balls and flatten into 2 inch circles.
- Place a cherry in the center of each one.
- Wrap sides around cherry until cherry is completely covered and roll into a smooth ball.
- Melt chocolate until smooth and dip each ball into the chocolate.
- Place on wax paper until cool and sprinkle with sprinkles.
- Cool well.
Important NOTE: After about 2-3 days the white centers turn to liquid just like the Queen Annes - YUMMY!