3-4 chicken breasts, cut in half
Salt and pepper to taste
3 tablespoons canola oil
1 onion, chopped
1 red pepper, chopped
5 cloves garlic, minced
1/4 cup tomato sauce
2 tablespoons sugar
2 tablespoons Hungarian-style Paprika
3 tablespoons dill weed
1 cup chicken broth
1 tablespoon flour
3/4 cup sour cream
- Sprinkle chicken with salt and pepper.
- Heat oil in 6-quart pressure cooker.
- Sauté onions, red pepper, and garlic until tender; remove.
- Brown chicken a few pieces at a time; set aside.
- Add tomato sauce, paprika, dill weed, and a small amount of chicken broth to oil in pressure cooker; stir until smooth.
- Add remaining broth, stirring to mix.
- Return chicken and vegetables to pressure cooker.
- Close pressure cooker cover securely. Place pressure regulator on vent pipe.
- Cook for 5 minutes, with regulator rocking slowly.
- Cool pressure cooker at once.
- Remove chicken and vegetables to a warm dish.
- Stir flour into sour cream; add to hot liquid.
- Cook and stir until mixture simmers and thickens.
- Pour sauce over chicken.