Whole chicken pieces cut up, washed and dried
BBQ Marinade (recipe below)
BBQ Seasoning (recipe below)
BBQ Sauce (recipe below)
- Rinse Chicken well and pat dry.
- Loosely layer chicken pieces in a large bowl and pour BBQ marinade over and sprinkling BBQ seasoning over each layer.
- Refrigerate overnight.
- Remove chicken from refrigerator 30 minutes before you plan to put it in the oven.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Spray a jelly roll pan with PURE.
- Place chicken pieces on pan.
- Generously brush with BBQ sauce.
- Bake 45 minutes or until cooked through and crisp.
- Brush with more BBQ sauce.
2 cloves roasted garlic, crushed
1 tablespoon red pepper flakes, crushed
1/2 teaspoon oregano
1/2 teaspoon basil
1/2 teaspoon white pepper
1 teaspoon sea salt
1/2 teaspoon sweet Hungarian paprika
1 tablespoon sugar
2-3 tablespoons BBQ seasoning
1/3 cup Champagne vinegar
1 cup vegetable oil (I prefer Canola)
- Whisk all the dry ingredients together until well blended.
- Add oil, whisking until dry ingredients are well incorporated.
1 1/2 cups paprika
3/4 cup sugar
3 tablespoons onion powder
1 tablespoon garlic powder
- Blend ingredients together well.
- Store in an airtight container.
2 cups Heinz ketchup
1 cup apple juice
1/2 cup apple cider vinegar
5 packed tablespoons light brown sugar
2 cloves garlic, smashed
2 teaspoons fresh ground pepper
2 teaspoons onion powder
Juice of 1 lemon
1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- In a large saucepan combine all the ingredients, stirring to blend.
- Bring the mixture to a boil.
- Reduce heat and simmer uncovered for an hour, stirring frequently.
Prairie Story's Recipe Swap Thursday
Fun with Food Friday
Recipes I Can't Wait to Try