4 chicken breasts,
4 green onions, sliced thin
2 cups halved baby carrots
2 cloves garlic, finely minced
1 tablespoon chili powder
1 tablespoon sugar
2 tablespoons herbs de provence
1 small can chopped green chiles, drained
1/2 cup goat cheese
1/4 cup Philadelphia Cream Cheese Garlic Sauce
Juice of 1 lemon
2 + 2 tablespoons butter
sea salt and white pepper
- Carefully slice open a pocket area of each chicken breast.
- Combine sugar, chili powder and herbs de provence in a mortar and grind fine with pestle.
- In a small food processor combine green chiles and goat cheese until well blended. Add 1/2 of herb mix and blend again.
- In a small skillet melt 2 tablespoons butter over medium high heat. Add onions and garlic, sauteing until soft. Add carrots and saute until tender.
- Add remaining spice mixture to carrots while sauteing.
- In a medium skillet melt the other 2 tablespoons of butter over medium high heat.
- Fill the pocket in chicken breast with the green chili mixture. Add to skillet. Salt and pepper chicken generously. Cook until cooked through and browned on both sides.
- Pour lemon juice over the chicken and simmer a few minutes.
- Stir cream cheese sauce into the carrots.
- Plate chicken breasts.
- Add carrots to chicken pan and blend sauces together.
- Serve immediately.