As always, I saw a recipe that looked reallllllllllllllllllllllllly good. I stashed it away while I thought about it and then got a bee in my bonnet today and had to make despite the 100 degree heat! As always I had to make my own modifications for our likes and dislikes, but we loved it.MOROCCAN BEEF and NOODLES
1 1/2 pounds chuck roast, cut into 1 inch cubes
1 leek, sliced thin
6 cloves garlic, minced
1 can fire roasted tomatoes (undrained)
4 tablespoons butter
1/2 cup vegetable broth (I used Better than Bouillon base + water)
flour for dredging
1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
1/2 teaspoon sea salt
1/2 teaspoon white pepper
1 teaspoon cinnamon
2 teaspoons paprika
2 cups wide egg noodles
- Melt butter in the bottom of a saute pan.
- When sizzling, add leeks and garlic. Saute until fragrant.
- Toss beef pieces in flour until well coated.
- Add beef pieces to pan and saute several minutes.
- Sprinkle all the spices over the beef and stir well.
- When beef is browned, add broth and tomatoes. Simmer 15 minutes or so.
- Add noodles and simmer another 10 minutes or so until noodles are tender.