I'm not quite sure where I originally found this recipe, but we fell in love with it and it makes a wonderful presentation for company. The pictures are from when I originally made it with whole chicken breasts, but I have since changed it to using bite sized pieces. Using chicken tenders works best. It bakes better and is much easier to eat!
2 pounds boneless, skinless chicken breasts or tenders
4 Pepperidge farm puff pastry sheets, defrosted
4 ounces cream cheese
1/2 pound bacon, cut into quarters
1 bunch green onions, chopped
1 handful flat leaf parsley
sea salt and white pepper to taste
1 large egg, beaten
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Add cream cheese, green onions, parsley, salt and pepper to a small food processor and process until well blended. Set aside.
- Cook bacon until crisp. Drain on paper towels.
- Cut chicken into bite size pieces.
- In a large bowl, toss chicken pieces with cream cheese mixture until well coated.
- On a large jelly roll pan that has been sprayed with PURE, lay out your puff pastry pieces and seal any stray seams.
- Divide chicken evenly among the 4 sheets.
- Top evenly with the bacon.
- Pull up all four corners and give them a little twist in the center.
- Brush with beaten egg.
- Bake 30 minutes until golden brown.
- Serve immediately.