Sorry for the lousy picture, but dinner was over and it was already in the tupperware on the way to the fridge before I remembered to take it. While the picture is only so-so, the casserole was AWESOME!
POLLO DIABLO CASSEROLE
1 1/2 pounds boneless chicken breasts, cut into 1 inch strips
1 pound lean hamburger, browned and drained
6 cups grated potatoes
1 bunch green onions, thinly sliced
scant 1/2 cup Frank's buffalo hot sauce
1 cup ranch dressing
1/2 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
1/2 cup shredded Colby cheese
3 tablespoons butter
3 tablespoons flour 1 cup milk
1/2 cup Italian bread crumbs
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Spray 13x9 inch baking dish with PURE.
- In a medium bowl, toss chicken strips and ground beef with the buffalo sauce until well coated. Set bowl aside to be used again. Do NOT rinse.
- Layer chicken and ALL the sauce into the bottom of the baking dish.
- In a small saucepan melt butter. Whisk in flour until well blended. Gradually add milk until well incorporated and begins to thicken. Remove from heat.
- In the same bowl, stir together the potatoes, onions, dressing, 1/2 of each cheese and soup mixture until well blended. Spread over the meat mixture.
- Sprinkle the panko and then remaining cheeses over top evenly.
- Cover with foil. Bake for 30 minutes.
- Remove the foil and bake another 30 minutes until potatoes are tender an d chicken is cooked through.