I was intrigued by the brandy sauce in this recipe, but don't usually make veal so decided to give it a try on chicken. I have to tell you there was nothing left, nada, so I know they loved every bite. It didn't hurt that they said I could make it again. Next time I will add some thinly sliced green onions and mushrooms.CHICKEN SCALLOPINI IN BRANDY SAUCE
For 4 People
4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts, sliced in 1/2 horizontally
3+ tablespoons butter
½ cup brandy
Juice of 1 lemon
salt and pepper
- Wash and dry the slices after slicing them in half and removing any excess fat.
- Melt 2-3 tablespoons of butter in large skillet.
- Dredge the chicken slices and place in the pan.
- Brown them, salt and peppering them generously.
- Set aside, keeping warm.
- Add the remaining butter, brandy and juice of a lemon to the pan, scraping the bottom for any chicken pieces. Blend well. Let sauce start to thicken.
- When sauce has just about reached desired thickness, return the chicken slices to the pan, covering well with the sauce.
- Serve immediately.
Taste: Both savory and sweet, tangy and rich.
Texture: Tender caramelized onions on top and fork tender.
Ease: Super easy and quick.
Appearance: Appetizing and visually appealing.
Pros: Addicting and wonderful for entertaining.
Would I make this again? Yes.