MY CREATIVE JUICES STILL FLOW...

If you've followed my blog for long, you know that I have been recovering from major cancer surgery and have been battling a lack of energy since my surgery.  I was also feeling a bit out of sorts at not being the "pickle jar lady" anymore.  Who was the pickle jar lady?  She was the strong one that everyone in the house brought the jars that needed opening or asked to help move a refrigerator.

I think I might have even been a bit depressed at not being able to be myself, but that all changed today.  My niece, Amber,  is having a baby in November and she called me to ask if I'd make her baby shower invitations and announcements.  WHEW, what a relief that was for me - someone does still need me.  My creative juices kicked in and I'm feeling better all ready.  Here's a sneak peek at the beginnings of the fronts of the shower invites.
This is my first time to link up with Scrappy Saturdays.  If you'd like to join, post something scrapbook related, grab the button, and post your link.  Try to comment on the other scrappers' posts.  Scrappy Saturdays is hosted every other weekend by Scrappy Gifts.

6 comments:

AmberW. said...

ill always need you!! they look amazing.

Barbara said...

They look adorable! And congratulations to Amber!!!!

Forgetfulone said...

Adorable! You should link this up to Scrappy Saturdays! Doesn't it feel good to get crafty?

Martha said...

What a great job and love the snowmen in the background :-)

Linda :) said...

Those are too cute!! Love the duckies... and I see snowmen in the background... :)

umbrellalady said...

Your invites look wonderful! That 'being needed' feeling is so empowering! Glad to hear it has given you a boost.