3 tablespoons butter
1 large Vidalia onion, chopped
2 tablespoons flour
6 cups hot water
1 tablespoon Better than Bouillon Chicken Base
1/2 pound bacon, cooked crisp and crumbled
6 large Yukon potatoes, peeled 3 potatoes diced and 3 potatoes finely grated
1 teaspoon sea salt
1 teaspoon white pepper
1/4 teaspoon basil
1/4 teaspoon thyme
1 cup heavy cream
1/2 cup sour cream
1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
2 green onions, sliced thin
- Whisk together the hot water and bouillon base.
- Melt butter in a skillet and saute onion until tender.
- Stir in flour until golden.
- Gradually add 1 cup of the broth.
- Bring to a boil.
- Cook and stir until thickened.
- Transfer to slow cooker.
- Add the remaining broth and blend well.
- Add in the bacon, potatoes, salt, pepper, basil and thyme.
- Cook on low 6-8 hours or until potatoes are tender.
- Stir in heavy and sour cream and heat through.
- Garnish each bowl with green onions and cheese.
- Serve with buttermilk biscuits and maple honey.