1 teaspoon garlic powder
4 tablespoons butter
2 cloves garlic mincecd
2 pounds potatoes, washed, and sliced thin
1 1/2 cup shredded Gruyere cheese
1/2 cup extra sharp cheddar
1 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon pepper
1 1/4 cup VERY warm 1% milk
1 heaping teaspoon Better than Bouillon Beef Base
- Preheat oven 400 degrees.
- Grease baking dish and then dust it with the garlic powder.
- Dry the potatoes on paper towels.
- Layer the potatoes and cheese alternately finishing with a layer of cheese.
- Whisk together the milk, garlic, beef base, salt and pepper.
- Gently pour the beef mixture over the potatoes, coating them evenly.
- Bake 45 minutes or until potatoes are tender.