CROQUE PASTRAMI

In my opinion the key to a good sandwich is all in the layering.  Make sure that your layers are complimentary to each other. I put the cheese on the bottom so it melts better.

I've made my version of Croque Madames before, but today with it snowing like a banshee I am making a new version with what I have on hand and calling it :


CROQUE PASTRAMI
per person
2 slices bread
2 large slices pastrami
1 slice Havarti
2 thin slices red onion

1 1/2 tablespoons of French Island
1 fried egg, basted

  • Make a basted egg.
  • Saute the onions until slightly caramelized.
  • Layer a slice of cheese followed by pastrami pieces to fit the size of the cheese on the first slice of bread.
  • Spread the French Island evenly on top.
  • Layer onions in the dressing and top with the fried egg.
  • Gently break the yolk.
  • Top with remaining piece of bread and grill until toasted.
**1/2 1000 Island 1/2 French Remoulade

No comments: