1 roasting chicken (6-7 pounds)
1 kiwi, chopped or sliced
1/4 cup honey
2 cloves garlic, minced
4 green onions, sliced and divided
1 tablespoon safflower oil
1 teaspoon sea salt, divided
1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
1/2 teaspoon roasted corriander, ground
1/2 teaspoon white pepper
1 cup uncooked rice
1/2 cup cashews, chopped
2 tablespoons fresh parsley
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees˚.
- Quarter 1 orange, set aside.
- Grate 1/2 teaspoon zest and juice remaining oranges to 1/2 cup.
- In a small saucepan bring juice, honey and zest to a slow boil.
- Cook about 5 minutes until slightly thickened. Remove from heat.
- Thinly slice scallions.
- Place chicken in roasting pan.
- Fill cavity with orange quarters, kiwi pieces and scallion slices.
- In a small food processor combine oil, salt, pepper, garlic, ginger and corriander until well blended.
- Rub over chicken.
- Roast 1 hour 45 minutes.
- Brush reserved honey mixture all over chicken.
- Roast another 15-20 minutes or until 180˚.
- Meanwhile prepare rice according to package directions.
- Add remaining salt.
- Stir in sliced scallions, cashews and parsley.