Banana Bread Pancakes
Yields about 1 dozen
1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
2 tablespoons granulated sugar
2 teaspoons baking powder
1/2 teaspoon baking soda1 teaspoon vanilla
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 cup whole milk
1/4 cup + 2 tablespoons buttermilk
1 cup mashed well, overripe bananas (about 2 bananas)
1/4 cup sour cream
2 tablespoons butter, melted
banana slices, for garnish (optional) - hubs ate these, sorry they're not in the picture
chopped walnuts or pecans, for garnish (optional)
- Preheat a non-stick griddle.
- In a mixing bowl, whisk together flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda and salt, set aside.
- In a separate mixing bowl whisk together buttermilk, milk, mashed bananas, sour cream, egg, vanilla and melted butter.
- Add dry ingredients to milk mixture and whisk just until combine.
- Pour about 1/4 cup mixture onto buttered preheated griddle and using the measuring cup slightly spread the batter outward keeping a circular form (this helps them to be more even so you don't get the fat center and thin sides).
- Cook until bubbles begin to appear on the surface and bottom is golden, then flip pancake and cook opposite side until golden.
- Serve immediately with Cinnamon Cream Cheese Syrup and garnish with optional banana slices and chopped nuts.
Cream Cheese Syrup
1/4 cup butter
3/4 cup granulated sugar
1/3 cup buttermilk
4 oz cream cheese
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Melt butter in a large saucepan over medium low heat.
- Stir in sugar, cinnamon, buttermilk and cream cheese.
- Cook mixture, whisking constantly until cream cheese has melted.
- Stir in baking soda and whisk for about 10 seconds until very frothy.
- Remove from heat and stir in vanilla.
- Serve warm.
- Store in refrigerator up to 1 week.