Yield: 1 dozen
1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
1 cup Kelloggs ALL Bran cereal crushed
1/2 cup packed brown sugar
1-1/2 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
¾ teaspoon ground cinnamon
1-1/4 teaspoons baking powder
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon sea salt
3/4 cup buttermilk
1/2 cup SAFFLOWER oil
3 tablespoons molasses
1-1/2 cups grated carrots
1-1/2 cups GOLDEN raisins
- Preheat oven to 375 °F.
- In a bowl, combine bran cereal and buttermilk. Let stand for about 5 minutes.
- Combine the eggs, brown sugar, oil and molasses; add to bran mixture.
- Sift together the flour, baking powder, baking soda, sea salt and cinnamon.
- Stir bran mixture into dry ingredients just until moistened.
- Fold in carrots and raisins.
- Fill greased or paper-lined muffin cups three-fourths full.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean.
- Cool for 5 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack.
- Serve warm.