BANANA COBBLER

I found this recipe over at Frugal Antics of a Harried Housewife and instantly fell in love.  I made it this afternoon and it's already almost all gone.  I have some summer cherries and blueberries in the freezer that I think I'll be trying next.
BANANA COBBLER
Author: 
1 cup self rising flour
¾ cup sugar
1 cup milk
1 stick butter, melted (next time I'll use 6 tablespoons)

3 small or 2 medium bananas

¾ cup packed brown sugar
1 stick butter, softened (next time I'll use 6 tablespoons)
½ tsp ground nutmeg
1 teaspoon cinnamon (I added)
½ cup self rising flour
1 cup oatmeal
1/4 cup chopped walnuts (I added)
  • In a bowl, stir together the flour, sugar and milk until smooth.
  • Add the melted butter.
  • Spread the batter into a greased 11X7 pan.
  • Slice bananas evenly over batter.
  • In another bowl, combine remaining ingredients.
  • Sprinkle over bananas.
  • Bake at 375 ˚ for 40 minutes or until filling bubbles.
  • Serve with whipped cream or ice cream.

No comments: