SIMPLE WOMAN'S DAYBOOK

FOR TODAY

Outside my window... it's drizzly and gray with an overtone of more gray.

I am thinking... it's a good day to stay in and read.

I am thankful... for my health and the good news that there is not a genetic mutation.

In the kitchen... we have a few new recipes still brewing for the January's menu.  I'll post them soon on my food blog ALWAYS EAT ON THE GOOD CHINA.

I am wearing... my daily uniform LOL - 515 Levi's, cozy wool socks, black t-shirt and my favorite Alaska sweatshirt.

I am still creating... some Christmas gifts for next year - quit laughing, these things take time.  I'm also creating some new recipes for:
  • Salad w/ Poppy Seed Tarragon Creme Fraiche dressing 
  • Broccoli Salad w/ Buttermilk Dressing and Bacon
  • Baked Potatoes w/ Shallot Corn Butter
  • Tangy Ranch Dressing
  • Fruit and Nut Breakfast Ring
  • Kentucky Hot Browns 
  • Parmesan Corn Muffins
  • Beef & Barley Stew
  • Celery Soup w/ Gorgonzola Cream
  • Cream of Tomato Soup w/ Rice
  • Cream of Vegetable Soup
  • Lemon Tuna Noodle Casserole
  • Country Bistro Dinner
  • Chicken Francoise
  • Paprika Pot Roast
  • Apricot & Tarragon Pork Chops
  • Pork Chops w/ Roasted Apple & Onions
I am going... to the coast this weekend with hubby to see our niece and a few other reasons.

I am wondering... why we call it "spring cleaning" - seems to me we need to clean out at least 4 times a year, so why isn't it seasonal cleaning.

I am reading... Cook's Illustrated The Science of Good Cooking and The 4 Hour Chef & 1105 Yakima by Debbie Macomber

I am hoping... to solve some paperwork issues this week - several letters to write and send certified regarding VA issues...

I am looking forward to... a few sunny days, but know they are a ways off

I am learning... how to be patient, but also how to squeak the wheel for oil!

Around the house... baseboards are getting painted and fine dusting is being done.

I am pondering... to live in the day and not worry about the future as much.

A favorite quote for today...


One of my favorite things... hot chocolate with lots a mini marshmallows

A few plans for the rest of the week: sorting some MORE storage boxes and converting the things I'm saving to rubber totes, repacking the Christmas decorations into newer boxes and/or rubber totes to get them back into the attic that I didn't get done last week, creating a few new recipes and getting into a new exercise routine.

A peek into my day... laundry, blog catch up, vacuuming & reading on my new kindle.

Favorite picture of the week... is a toss up between two

4 comments:

I'm mostly known as 'MA' said...

We have those gray skies here too this morning. Hope you have a safe and happy trip!

Anonymous said...

Hello there :) I found you through a womans daybook link up :)
Blessings Renee

Martha said...

Have fun on your trip this weekend! As far as the photos go I think the quilt is my favorite thing but the big boy is my favorite photo :)

jennifer anderson said...

lloks like lunch is at your house this week lol!