Evidently I hit the jackpot on new recipes this week. Hubs was getting tired of all the chicken I was serving so I was looking for a way to "spice" up chicken without actually using too many spices. Diet here still consists of virtually spice and acid free ingredients due to all my health needs, but 2 recipes so far this week have done it! On the other hand I will NEVER be posting the recipe for potato crusted Tilapia - that recipe sucked big time! Now as good as this was I want to try it again using this recipe for the chicken and the Lemon Cream Chicken sauce from last night.
RITZY CHEDDAR CHICKEN2 pounds chicken tenders or 4 boneless, skinless breasts**
1 sleeve RITZ crackers
salt and pepper to taste1/2 cup whole milk
2 cups grated cheddar cheese
1 can cream of chicken soup##
2 tablespoons sour cream
2 tablespoons butter
- Pre-heat oven to 400 degrees.
- In a food processor grind crackers until fine.
- Generously salt and pepper chicken pieces.
- Soak chicken pieces in the milk.
- Dredge chicken pieces through the cheese first and then the crumbs. Press each layer into the chicken pieces.
- Spray a baking dish with PURE or PAM.
- Lay chicken pieces into the baking dish.
- Cover with foil and bake 30 minutes.
- Remove the foil and bake another 5-10 minutes or until chicken is golden brown.
- While chicken is baking begin the sauce.
- In a medium sized sauce pan combine the soup, sour cream and butter with a whisk.
- Stir over a medium high heat until sauce is hot.
- Serve over chicken.
**I use thinly sliced chicken steaks which are basically chicken breasts that are sliced at least once and many times 3 times. This helps for portion control and works wonders! Since my last surgery and for medical reasons I'm supposed to eat less each meal and eat more meals. This it happens allows me to try even more recipes as long as I adjust them to feed 2.
## I make my own cream soups if you prefer:
3 tablespoons butter
3 tablespoons WONDRA flour
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon poultry seasoning
1/2 cup milk
1/2 cup chicken broth
- Melt the butter in heavy saucepan.
- Blend in flour and salt. Cook until bubbly.
- Remove from heat and gradually stir or whisk in liquid.
- Return to heat and cook, constantly stirring until smooth and thickened.