4 thin skinless, boneless chicken steaks
seasoned flour (I use Wondra with salt & pepper)
1/4 cup buttermilk
2 tablespoons butter
2 tablespoons olive oil
2 cups sliced mushrooms
1/2 teaspoon fresh thyme
2 cloves garlic, minced
1 cup white wine
1/2 cup heavy cream
1/2 cup Asiago Parmesan
- Combine WONDRA flour with salt and pepper - mix well.
- Dip chicken in the buttermilk and then dredge in the flour mixture.
- Heat butter and saute' chicken until golden. Remove from skillet and keep warm.
- Add olive oil.
- When oil and butter are well mixed and heated through add mushrooms, thyme and garlic sauteing until golden.
- Add wine to deglaze pan being sure to scrape up any bits from the bottom of the pan.
- Slowly add the heavy cream, stirring constantly until well blended.
- Add Parmesan cheese, stirring until melted.
- Plate chicken, serving with rice pilaf or mashed potatoes and top with mushroom sauce.