SNAPPER PATRICK from PAT'S FISHERMAN'S WHARF was a fantastic choice!! I will make this again and again, but next time I will go simpler and make it more of a casserole bake.SNAPPER WRAPPERS
1 pound lump crabmeat, drained (I used chopped flaked Krab)
4 skinned red snapper fillets (any white fish would work)
1 teaspoon salt (we felt this was too much-next time I'll use 1/4 teaspoon)
1 teaspoon garlic powder (we felt this was too much-next time I'll use 1/2 teaspoon or fresh)
1 teaspoon ground red pepper
1/4 cup butter, melted
2 tablespoons water
lemon wedges (I used lemon slices under each roll up while cooking)
- Preheat oven to 400˚.
- Pick crabmeat, removing any bits of shell.
- Cut snapper fillets in half lengthwise.
- Top each fillet with about 1/3 cup crabmeat.
- Roll up fillets and secure with wooden toothpicks.
- Blend together the salt, garlic powder and red pepper.
- Combine melted butter and water in the bottom of your baking dish, blending well.
- Sprinkle 1 teaspoon of seasoning mix over top of the butter mixture.
- Arrange roll ups in baking dish.
- Sprinkle roll ups with remaining seasoning mixture.
- Bake uncovered for 16-18 minutes or fish flakes when tested with a fork.
- Plate roll ups.
- Spoon pan drippings over roll ups before serving.
- Serve with lemon wedges.